Are you a scientist that is passionate about developing healthcare solutions? We are developing a novel infection diagnostic medical device and are looking to strengthen our team with a Research Engineer.
Symcel is a Swedish medtech company that develops and sells an analytical instrument for measuring cell metabolism with high sensitivity. We are located at Karolinska Institute campus in Solna with modern facilities including sales, marketing, production and R&D labs.
Symcel is home to a mix of business drivers and scientists. All with the common aim to bring our technology to use for tackling some of the world’s most acute health challenges. Our working language is English.
Discover more about Symcel and our technology by browsing through our website www.symcel.com
About the position
We are looking for a Research Engineer, with a strong background in microbiology, to cover for parental leave and with the possibility of an extension. You will work processing samples, conducting lab tests, recording data, and analyzing results. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of lab procedures and strong attention to detail. If you thrive in fast-paced working environments that require a professional with drive and exceptional analytical skills, then you could be our ideal candidate.
You will be a vital part of the Application development team contributing to the development of a new IVD medical device.
- Working closely with development team members to design, execute and document analytical development activities.
- Responsible for executing agreed research independently with minimal supervision.
- Ensuring the accurate recording, review and storage of laboratory generated data including sign-off for laboratory notebooks following company policy.
- Work to continuously improve and optimize existing processes.
- Follow good laboratory practices and maintain the laboratory workspace in order.
Essential for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Sciences discipline, preferably with a large focus on microbiology
- 3+ years laboratory experience
- Ability to manage and work effectively within a team. Be a team player.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Comfortable and resilient in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
Desirable for the role:
- Previous experience with the development of IVD assays
- Previous work with bacteria and/or fungi, different types of cell-based assays
- Previous work with calorimetry methods
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the position, please use the same email address.
The application deadline is March 17th, but we will process applications as they come in. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and especially welcome applications from candidates already located in the Stockholm-Uppsala region. We will only reply to candidates that are selected for interviews, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after the application’s deadline, we decided to move forward with other candidates.